Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Dogs and Unconditional Love

Dogs are such great animals.  They are the perfect example of unconditional love in action.  I have this magnet sticker on my car which says, "Lord make me the person my dog thinks I am."  That is so true.  My dogs (Max, a Dalmatian, and Tookey, a Boxer/Springer mix) think that I am the most wonderful person in the world.  The only things they love more are food and chasing squirrels - "Squirrel!"  (If you've seen the movie Up, you get the joke.) That is the right prayer - I want to be the person my dogs think I am.  Worthy of unconditional love.  Is it impossible?  The Bible doesn't say so - Jesus tells us to be perfect as our Father in heaven is perfect.  Tall order, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments - I welcome them. However, be kind if you disagree and don't use vulgar language. You may advertise your blog in your comments but I reserve the right to delete your post if your blog has questionable material on it. Thanks!